Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta


I love the internet! I was in the mood for some cajun flavored chicken and pasta so I just typed in "Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta" and about 2,000 recipes popped up and I selected the first one and it looked good and it was delicious!

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
N'awlin's style of chicken with an up-dated Alfredo sauce.
by Lorac
25 min | 10 min prep | SERVES 2
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente (I used tri-color rotini)
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (My fav is Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning)
2 tablespoons butter
1 thinly sliced green onion
1-2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I subbed 1/2 a can of diced petite tomatoes)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. (I also added some fresh sliced mushrooms)
Pour over hot linguine and toss,with Parmesan cheese.

© 2007 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com

No comments: