Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Garden Runneth Over

With tomatoes!!! Well, not actually my garden, I don't have time to do a garden, but my parents' garden. The weather reports said it might freeze and so I went and picked tomatoes. Now I need to use them. Last night I made this...

Have you ever had bocconcini? It is bite sized fresh mozzarella balls. They are delicious! I mix a handful of halved cherry tomatoes with about 6 or 7 halved bocconcini. Then mix in some fresh basil or dried basil if you don't have the fresh stuff. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then squeeze some fresh lemon juice all over your salad. AMAZING!!! And I eat it all and I do not share. Children really don't appreciate such delicacies until they are much older and their taste buds have matured beyond EZ Mac.

Here are some more tomato dishes that I am going to try...

Tomato Tart

Doesn't this make your mouth water? There are so many inspiring recipes at this amazing food blog.

Gorgonzola Tomato Pizza
I'm going to have to try a version of this recipe. I like to keep my pizzas simple.

Tomato Basil Soup

I love, love, LOVE tomato basil soup. There is a restaurant in Utah called Zupa's and they have this amazing tomato basil orzo soup. And Wisconsin cauliflower, but that's another post. I would love their recipe but I don't think they are too keen on handing it out. I found a couple recipes that claim to be similar. I'll be the judge.

No comments: